Termite Control Services
Termites are mostly available in southern districts of Tamil Nadu such as Tirunelveli, Nagercoil?, Tuticorin, Virudhunagar, Madurai, Ramanathapuram. The atmosphere of southern districts well suited for Termites to live. In Chennai, termites usually reside in wooden furniture, Cupboards of Villas, Apartments and Hotels. Both residential and industrial areas are facing severe problems from Termites. Before controlling Termites in your home try to learn about their Food habits, and social organization. It will help us to control Termites in our area.
What is Termites?
Do you know another name of Termites? Since termites feed from inside of the wood, we can´t find the sign of damage of our wood furniture immediately if that is infected with Termites. That´s why it´s called as "Silent Destroyers"
Food Habits of Termites
Mostly Termites feed cellulose-based plant materials such as dead plants, animal dung. Wooden furniture, drawers, cupboards are made with cellulose base plant materials. These are important foods for termites. Once termites enter in to our furniture, it will give severe structural damage to the furniture.
Life Cycle of Termites
Normally termites live in colonies that may contain millions of termite. A colony contains Queen, King, Workers, Soldiers and nymphs. Sometimes a colony may have several egg-laying queens. A queen termite will lay 20,000 to 30,000 eggs per day at maturity. A queen termite can live up to 45 years. King Termite is used only for mating.
Worker Termites are mainly used for building nests, collecting foods from infested wood and maintaining nest & storage foods.
At the same time Soldiers are giving strength to termite colony. They are safeguard of the colony. They protect colony from Ant attack. Normally the termite protectors have jaw type mouth. The wide range of jaw types available in Soldiers. It prevents ant from entering in to the tunnel.
Types of Termites
Though there are around 20 types of termites found in Tamil Nadu and Chennai, more than 2000 termite types are identified in the world. It can be classified in to four main types.
- 1. Dampwood Termite
- 2. Drywood Termite
- 3. Formosan Termite
- 4. Subterraneans Termite
Dampwood termite builds their nests in Damp sometime from decaying woods. A small colony initially starts with a pair of winged swarmers. In first year of colony the queen will lay few eggs. It will be increased after years.
Dampwood Termites are located in Hills & Forest areas of Tamil Nadu. Mostly located in Pothigai Hills Tirunelveli, Pichavaram near Chidambaram which is located in Cuddalore District 230 kilometers on road from Chennai.
Drywood termite creates colonies in Dry wood. Winged male & female reproductive termites fly out of their colony to create new colony once the insects are produced. Drywood & subterranean termites feed cellulose materials and these two types directly affect human residential area. Read MoreRead More
Termite control Treatment
Termite Control treatment in Chennai: Are you residing in Chennai? Do you have termite problem in your home? Don´t let your furniture be decayed by Termites. Call Unique Pest Management immediately for Termite Control Treatment.
Though termites are ecological beneficial insects, it will destroy human buildings also. Before expensive repair occurs, homeowners should control termites and ensure strength of wooden furniture.
How to check whether the furniture is infected with Termites or not?
Since the termites are working inside the wood, we can´t see any visual damage on our furniture initially. If you aware about the methods to find termites affected woods, you can easily trace termites.
You can confirm if you see any of the following symptoms in your home.
- 1. Termite´s droppings will look like sawdust powder. If you see any sawdust powder in your furniture or wooden drawer or cupboard, confirm there are hidden termites.
- 2. Just tap on wood, the vacant sound will come if it´s affected.
- 3. buckling wood, swollen floors and ceilings
- 4. Mud tunnels on wall
- 5. If you see any frass, confirm that there are dry wood termites.
Termite formateContent for Termite control procedureInspection
Our trained professional and Technical experts inspect and asses your property which got infested by the termites and we will explain about the termite biology, history, control measures, procedure of treatment and commercial parts in detail. Methods of Treatment
There are two levels of treatment will be made against the termite infestation.
Type 1. Pre Construction level
- 1. This particular treatment must be started from the foundation i.e. column putting. Before laying the concrete, the structure will be treated as per the manufacturer chemical recommendation
- 2. Before laying the floor tiles, granites etc the hole will be made adjacent to the wall with one feet depth in the ground floor and the holes are made above scatting for entire additional floor the length of each and every running feet. The sizes of hole will be 6mm to 8 mm. As per the manufacturer instruction the essential chemicals will be poured for 3-4 times.
- 3. The hole will be made on the peripheral area with the help of crowbar. It also be treated by the nature of the soil. If it is a loose soil, dill with machine in one feet depth adjacent to the wall with the interval of 0.5 feet by pouring the chemicals more than five times.
Type 2. Post Construction level
- 1. Existing building, property, offices, corporate building, go down, warehouses, lawn, apartments, etc will be easily infested by the termites. It might require termite treatment. Infestation control method is called as post construction anti-termite treatment method. This method acts as a barrier against the action of the termites from the ground.
- 2. In this treatment if the building or termite infestation in the ground level, the entire ground floor will be treated by drilling a hole both inside and outside the building that is adjacent to the wall and the interval of every running foot. If it is above the ground floor the drilling will be made only inside the wall on above scatting. After the completion of drilling process,the holes will be closed and match up with white cement in the color of the floor and wall level. More than 3 times chemical emulsion will be poured. It is necessary to treat the infested or wood wall joint area with heavy concentrated knockdown chemicals.
Call us today for free inspection at
+91-99419 16916 or fill out the form below.